It has begun. I finished the shopping today and I am getting ready to start baking cookies. Erik will handle the pumpkin pies. I will do an apple pie on Tuesday night (because Erik will eat it if I make it before then). I also have to prepare a relish tray, asparagus, green bean casserole, creamed peas and onions, oatmeal cookies with no egg in them and no bake cookies if I don't run out of time. I love this time of year, but I wish I could take the whole week off of work and just stay home and bake.
Here is the no bake cookie recipe. It's pretty yummy and full of grains!
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, milk, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool until hardened.
Miles's Money
14 years ago

1 comment:
This is the first year in many, many years that we'll be doing Thanksgiving at our house. We'll see if I remember to get everything done...and on time! HA!
I'll have to try out that cookie recipe. :)
Post a Comment