Today I am working on being grateful for what I have. We have been overwhelmed this year with medical issues, bills, broken cars, family dysfunction and some really tough times tables. I have been so busy putting out fires I have taken the time to appreciate how good things are.
My husband has been home for 3 years straight. He has been the most wonderfully supportive husband and engaged father a lady could ask for. I could not have chosen a better father for my boys. As he recovers from surgery and gets ready to deploy again I am trying not to focus on my loss but rejoice in the time we've had together.
My oldest son has been struggling to learn his times tables and he passed zero all the way thru 5s yesterday. I am so proud of him and so happy it seemed to click into place all at once. He is a joy to have around. He has definitely tought me how to be forgiving and gracious.
My youngest son is cutting 4 molars right now. And even though I know it hurts and he has been a big slobber monster he still has time to laugh out loud and smile thru the pain. This morning when I dropped him at daycare he went to all 3 of his teachers, distributed hugs and good morning smiles and then took off to play in the kitchen.
There is a lot that we can't do, that we put off until later. I need to stop focusing on those things and enjoy the things we are able to do now.
Miles's Money
14 years ago

1 comment:
Beautiful post! :)
Post a Comment